Sunday 22 January 2012

Around The World in 80 Words - Venice

Ok so having seen SAHD's new linky challenging us to write a post in less than 80 words I was intriuged. Not intrigued because of the subject but to see if I could actually write anything in less than 80 words. So here we go .. my attempt to for once to be succinct and meaningful, in a handfull rather than a bucketful of words...

So here you go, my brief guide to... Venice:


Venice - Take your Wellies
Venice, great as there's no roads but not great if you get sea sick or in heavy rain or storms. Piazza San Marco, beautiful Basilica and expensive coffee, pretty if you look up but literally shit if you look down.  Sigh at the Bridge of Sighs and buy just one costly Corneto from a singing grumpy gondolier or get taken for an absolute ride by water taxi.  Birthplace of Vivaldi and place of romance, take the OH and enjoy a ride!


Ok, so it was brief, quick and maybe a bit rough but then I guess that was my challenge.. !! So come on why don't you have a go and see if you can do it?


7 comments:

  1. Wow that was quite impressive! I now feel as though I've been there myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Nikki, it's a great place and well worth a visit but plan it well and it can be fantastic!!

      Delete
  2. 'Pretty if you look up but shit if you look down'! Like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, it's sad but it's true.. not a place for your best flat shoes me-thinks

      Delete
  3. Love the 'shit if you look down' too! Very good Mr 5fingers. No need to go to Venice now...especially given all the shit at your feet and pricey coffees. (Do like m'coffee).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah but Manda, OH will be paying for coffees and he can carry you round the square to save shoe damage!! Winne rall round m'finks ... in fact the perfect place for your February fun for you two lovebirds #nudgeynudgey x

      Delete